Last night I had the privilege of meeting one of my favorite authors, Karen Kingsbury! She was in Grandville at the Kregel Parable Christian Bookstore. She did a Q&A at 6:30pm before she started signing books, and I figured it would be a full bookstore but that I could quickly see her and head back home...so I took Makenna along for the trip. Ooppsss...we got in the door and I was handed a #115 for meeting Karen. So, after the Q&A we made a quick trip to Meijer to get a few things, and then headed back to the bookstore. They were only on #50 when we got back there at 7:45pm...so, after much waiting, a fussy baby in her car seat, and a tired arm from trying to rock her a bit...we met KK around 8:45pm. I got my book signed, a picture with her, and we had a little conversation about how much I love her books and also read her children's books to Kaden. Kaden loves them too and can finish some of the sentences in the book! We also talked about her husband's recent stroke last week and discovery that he had a hole in his heart (PFO), the same thing my dad found out 2 years ago in April after his stroke! God has miraculously been watching over these two men in our lives and it was great to talk about it with her.
Q & A Time






No comments:
Post a Comment