Friday, August 29, 2008

Meaningful Music...

I have added a playlist of music to our blog! I love music- listening, singing, and playing- and it always brings out the heartfelt side of me. Many of the songs I have chosen are an inspiration to me and have been very meaningful in my life. I would like to share with you some of the songs and why they are special to me.

*"Shine On Us"- This song was sung at our wedding 5 years ago...the Lord was definitely shining on us that day and blessed us with a beautiful wedding day to always remember and a love that grows stronger and stronger every day.

*"Praise You In This Storm" and "Held"- There have been some "storms" in my life, and the Lord has taught me how to continue to praise Him even in the most difficult of times...the passing of dearly loved aunts (Aunt Kathy, Aunt Ardie, and Aunt Mary), the passing of precious grandparents (Grandpa & Grandma DeDoes, and Grandpa Bareman), Tim's accident this past December, and my dad's stroke this past April...to name a few.

*"I Can Only Imagine"- I put this song on a memory page that I made after my Aunt Ardie passed away...this song makes me SO excited about entering heaven..."walking and dancing" with the Lord, and seeing my loved ones again...I can only imagine what it will be like!

*"Everything"- This song makes me smile...this is my song for my two boys...I love EVERYTHING about them, and they mean EVERYTHING to me! :)

*"In Christ Alone"- I get emotional whenever I hear this song, as it reminds me of all that my Savior and Christ has done for me...I am so blessed. I love singing praise songs, and this is one of my all time favorites.

*"Come To Jesus"- This song spoke to me the first several weeks after Kaden was born and Tim was in ICU. I often felt helpless at home learning how to take care of a newborn while my family, Crystal, and Tim were at the hospital. During those times, this song spoke to me and reminded me to just go to Jesus...pray to Him, trust Him, and lean on Him...He took care of all of us and worked miracles big and small.

*"the luckiest"- I don't like to think things happen because of luck, but I must say I feel lucky to have a great husband and son who shower me with love each and every day! :)

I hope some of these songs are special to you as well- maybe for different reasons or some of the same- but I felt the desire to share my music & thoughts with you all! I'm sure I'll be adding more songs, as these are just the first few I had in mind...enjoy listening! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Em,

Thanks for sharing some of your favorite songs. I to love to listen and sing songs, especially praise songs. I am able to listen to my Ipod while I work and I have to be careful not to sing along.

Thanks for sharing all the pictures and videos. I love to see them. Wish I was able to so you all in person more often.

Love, Aunt Joyce