Kaden's one year appointment was rescheduled from last Monday to this afternoon. That extra week and a half proved to be beneficial, as Kaden decided to show the doc his new skill of walking! Yesterday, on New Year's Day, Kaden started walking longer stretches in his papa & nana's basement. So, today the doctor asked if Kaden was walking and when I said he was doing a few steps, he wanted to see Kaden in action. I stood him up (just in his diaper due to the check-up), and our skinny little boy walked across the examining room to his mommy! :) I doubt the doctor remembered telling us at his 9 month appointment that he probably wouldn't be walking at 12 months due to his "delayed" crawling, but we sure remembered and we are proud of our boy! :) Soon I'll be chasing Kaden around the house, I'm sure, as he sometimes tries to run instead of take steps. I don't have a great picture or video of him walking yet, but will post them as soon as I do. For now, here he is eating a banana "like mommy"...





1 comment:
Those doctors don't know what they are talking about anyway!
Post a Comment