Friday, January 15, 2010

Diego Underwear Saga


So...on a spur of the moment idea the other night, I showed Kaden some new Diego underwear that I had bought him for when we start potty training. He LOVED them and immediately asked if he could put them on. I didn't think there was a big problem with that as he has taken some interest in going on the potty, so I said, "Sure!" We took off his diaper and slid on his Diego underwear. He pranced around the house in just his undies and thought it was the coolest thing ever! Mommy was taking pictures of him and he thought he was hot stuff in his new underwear...until...he sat down on a chair to pose for Mommy and had a little accident! He right away said, "Oops, Mommy, oops!" We ran to his big boy potty to see if he had anything more to get out. He sat down for a second, and then said, "All done." Nothing more came out in the potty, but at least we tried! :) After a quick clean-up, I thought he would be done with the underwear and potty for a bit, but he wanted another pair of Diego underwear on and I had to convince him that we should wear them over his diaper this time...

Some Mommy insights after our first underwear try:

- Put clean, dry underwear on right AFTER Kaden has gone to the bathroom

- Avoid putting clothes on with the underwear while he learns how to use the potty...less clothing to clean up and less to wash

- Put the camera away and focus on helping him learn this potty thing

- And...DON'T let him sit on our new furniture upstairs in just his underwear!!! (Daddy couldn't believe this happened on our new furniture)

- Oh, and Nana says that vinegar & water help clean up urine...in fact, vinegar helps clean A LOT of things...www.vinegartips.com

Kade is pretty cute in just his Diego underwear, though! :)

No comments: