Monday, January 17, 2011

The ABC's and forts!

Today we are hanging out in the warm house, Makenna is having fun playing with Mommy as Kaden is not feeling well and prefers to stay in his bed sleeping or downstairs watching TV. Soon we will have to leave the comfort of our warm home to venture to the doctor to see what is up with Kade, but for now I thought I'd post a couple pictures from January so far. My camera has been acting up, so I haven't taken a lot of pictures lately, AND life is just pretty slow right now and we are enjoying that after the holidays! Kaden was supposed to have a milestone this morning...his first trip to the dentist. Due to him being sick, we will try again on Thursday morning. I hope to have a few pictures of him in his shades being a big boy in the dentist chair...we'll see if the picture in my head is the same picture I take on Thursday morning!? :) For now...here are a few pictures...

Kaden has a few packages of letter flash cards that he likes to look at. Lately, he likes to look at these letter cards daily, if not 2-3 times a day! He LOVES letters right now, and has just figured out the order of the alphabet by himself. He put these letter cards in order Sunday morning and was quite proud of himself, as you can see! (He needed a little assistance making the rows of cards fit on the table, but other than that he did it on his own! :))

Besides playing outside in the snow, we have also built lots of forts inside this winter. Makenna loves to pretend to go "night, night" with Kaden, and they grab their blankets and snuggle in the fort together...it's quite cute but doesn't last more than a few minutes!! :)

No comments: