I was sick on Saturday all day with the stomach flu. Thank goodness for my great husband who took care of everything & the kids as I had no energy to do much more than hang out in bed. I was finally feeling better Sunday, so we went to church in the morning and rested all afternoon. Thinking ahead like I so often do ;), I decided to give the kids their little Valentine gifts from me (knowing Mitch would spoil them on Valentine's day with last minute gifts himself)...we don't go all out, but we get them a little something and then throw in lots of candy too! :) Mitch and I had planned to go out to dinner Monday night while his mom watched the kids, so I knew we wouldn't have a lot of time together as a family after Mitch got home from work Monday to share our "valentines".
Here are some pictures from Sunday...
Waiting for their valentines surprises from Mommy
I sewed Makenna a bag and filled it with a cute outfit (big sale at Target...so CHEAP outfit I couldn't pass up :)) and a few pieces of candy.
Digging into the candy!
Makenna checking out her new bag
Kaden got a turtle pillow pet for his valentine...and named it "Franklin"...he LOVES his new pillow pet and takes it everywhere around the house with him! :)The story of the weekend continues into Sunday night and Monday, as Kaden came down with the flu Sunday night. We even had to leave church early because Kaden was complaining of not feeling well, and since I had just had the stomach flu we didn't want to take any chances. Kaden ended up getting sick once we got home from church (thankfully not AT church or IN the car!). We ended the night Sunday evening hoping that no one else would come down with it and that Kaden's flu would be as short as mine was. Well, Monday morning came and Mitch wasn't feeling well, and ended up staying home from work with the same flu...while Kaden woke up happy and hungry. He was fine through the night, so I gave him breakfast...careful of the kind of food he ate...jello, still hungry, applesauce, still hungry, some Cheerios, and juice...Kaden never eats breakfast so well, so I knew he was hungry! Unfortunately, his stomach didn't agree with it all and he was back in the bathroom twice. Now I felt bad for getting both Kaden & Mitch sick by spreading my germs, and ALSO giving Kaden so much food which caused him to get sick again! Thankfully, he bounced right back after his two trips to the bathroom and was back to himself soon after and felt fine the rest of the day.
I must say, though, it didn't make for a fun start to our Valentine's Day! After Kaden started feeling better, he asked if he could go to his Kindermusik class to bring the valentines he made for his friends & teacher. Oh boy...I hated to tell him no...but thankfully we made a trip to his teacher's house to deliver his cards and pick up the craft for the day, so we had something fun to do at home to make up for missing class.
All in all, it wasn't a terrible day quarantined in our house, AND Makenna never got the flu and slept in until 9:30am...which helped with how the day started with Kaden! Mitch started feeling better in the afternoon and was still able to pull off his last minute Valentine's Day surprises for all of us...which ended the day well, even though we couldn't go out to dinner as we had planned. Hopefully our dinner out will come this weekend! I did "manage" to get my camera out for the day, though, and get some pictures...;)
My two Valentines...
My two Valentines...
Kaden & Franklin during his quiet time
Big girl in her heart dress waving...she now likes to make the "smooch" sound with her lips too for a kiss...so cute!
Makenna's rose, balloon & card from Daddy on Valentine's Day
My pretty flowers from Mitch too! Although a last minute guy, he knows how to make us all feel so loved! (Kaden also got a little gift from Mitch...Toy Story bath toys that he is obsessed with and always wants to take baths to play with them...Kaden also got the little "talk" from Daddy about how this holiday is more for girls than boys, as he made sure Kaden knew the gifts to Mommy & Makenna were from Daddy & Kaden...maybe Kaden will grow up to be a romantic!? ;))




No comments:
Post a Comment