There is a new play area in GR called Java Gym. The idea is that moms can come and bring their kids to this play area, and then relax and sit at tables drinking coffee and chatting while the kids play. What a great idea!! :) I was a little bummed when we got there and Makenna & Kaden both had a little trouble getting around the play structures, as that meant I had to go crawling in after them to help. However, most of the time there are workers in the play structures that help the kids get up and around...so after a little while I didn't have to go in to help them. Kaden soon became very independent and loved climbing everywhere. Makenna still was unsure at times and needed reassurance from me. Kaden did a great job having Makenna follow him and helping her get places so they could go down some slides together (see picture below). The kids had a lot of fun playing with Owen, Brayden, and Rylee, and I got to hang out with my friends, Cricket and Kristin, and Cricket's little baby girl, Lucy. We will be back again, I'm sure...and won't forget our socks this time!!! :) ($1.59 isn't bad for a pair of socks...but next time I'll remember our own...:))
Making their way up together
Both coming down the slide together...you can only see Kaden's feet :)
Kaden coming down backwards on his back...silly boy
Making their way up together
Both coming down the slide together...you can only see Kaden's feet :)
Kaden coming down backwards on his back...silly boyP.S. Look for a commercial about Java Gym on WZZM in June...maybe you'll see Kaden & Makenna playing at Java Gym!! :)





No comments:
Post a Comment