Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Big Girl Bed Trial #1

With Baby #3 on the way...I thought we should have a plan for Makenna switching into a big girl bed. You see, Kaden started sleeping in a big boy bed at 20 months or so, and he did great and stayed in bed for a long time until Makenna was born...and then he figured out how to get out. Well, I thought we would switch Makenna's bed to the "day bed" option for the summer (she is 20 months now), then after the cottage season was done she could transfer into Kaden's room and sleep in a twin bed with a railing. Well...one nap & night time sleep for Makenna in her "new" bed, and she figured out how to get out of her day bed, open the door, and come find Mommy in bed at 7am. I couldn't believe my ears or eyes when I saw Makenna standing by our bed holding her blanket and grinning after her first night in the day bed!!! Little stinker...
So, despite how much she and Kaden loved pretending to sleep in her day bed, it has been converted back to a crib until she moves into the twin bed. This pregnant, tired Mommy was't ready for her good sleeper to be waking up a 7am when she usually sleeps unti 8 or 8:30am every morning. Hopefully a higher mattress with a longer railing will keep her in bed for the first few months!! :) "SITBI" = see it to believe it...right? (a Bareman saying)

To Be Continued...

No comments: