Mitch treated me to a weekend away in Traverse City for my 30th birthday this past weekend! Originally he had been invited to golf with some buddies for the weekend in Manistee, but he passed that up to plan a little getaway for us and asked his parents to take Kaden & Makenna! :) Needless to say, it was a great weekend.
Mitch took Friday off and we dropped the kids off to Nana and headed up to T.C. We enjoyed the travel with no sippy cups or toys to manage, our own music, me being able to read on the trip, and eating fast food & candy on the way... :) We stayed at the Park Shore Resort, which was right on the beach...beautiful! Below is a view from our room. Friday night we had dinner on the deck at Boone's- it was a great night to eat outside, but the flies were a little annoying. After dinner we drove around the corner of Long Lake to Moomer's Ice Cream (and farm)...which Anne & Jason had recommended to us. The ice cream was fantastic, but I was bummed after reading online that they had over 100 flavors to choose from that I only had a pick of about 20 in the store, and none of them included chocolate/peanut butter...I had one all picked out, but they didn't have it available for our visit. Oh well...I enjoyed some cookie dough ice cream instead. We were stuffed and had a peaceful night of sleep...so nice to sleep in without the wake-up call from kids! :) Saturday morning Mitch had scheduled a couple's massage for us at a spa in T.C. It was great- a nice way to start the day. After checking out of our hotel, we had lunch at North Peak downtown and headed up towards Sutton's Bay for a little sightseeing and shopping at S.B. and Northport. Then, we headed down to Glen Arbor, did a little more shopping, and headed on home. It was a beautiful day for driving around up north!
I had a great weekend with Mitch, but we always like coming home to the kids, who were at the cottage for the day. From the cottage we headed to Kalamazoo Sunday morning to spend the day with my family at Centerpointe Church (formerly Third Ref. where I grew up) to celebrate Pastor Jeff's 25th anniversary there with former Pastor Ron Beyer preaching. It's always nice to go "home" to the church I grew up in, and it was great seeing Pastor Beyer, the candy man, as I always remembered him as...always had candy in his office for us after church. After lunch at church, we headed to my parents' to celebrate my birthday with cake & ice cream. The cousins enjoyed ice cream cones together and playing outside! It was another beautiful, summer day, but we were happy to come home after all the driving for the weekend.
A BIG thanks to my wonderful husband for making my 30th so special!! I don't feel any different turning 30, but did feel a little funny when Mitch said after the weekend, "Catch you again at 40, babe." Hmm...!?!?!?! :)
View from our hotel room
Boone's
Moomer's Homemade Ice CreamDisclaimer: There are no pictures of us on our weekend getaway because Mitch hates to have "couple" pictures when it's just the two of us and we have to ask someone else to take our picture...I did have a nice picture of Mitch eating his ice cream, but decided not to post it... :)
Silly boy with his ice cream cone
Makenna with her 1st ice cream cone...she loves making a mess!




No comments:
Post a Comment