Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Years Eve...Ringing in 2012!

We have had a low key weekend for New Years...just the way I like it before this babe comes! Friday night I picked out a new camera that I've been looking into for about a year now since I dropped my old camera in Ethiopia and it started acting up with the flash, shutter, and red-eye. It was so fun to take it home and try it out with the kids, and I also made time to do one last sewing project- a cute fabric cover for my camera strap! :) I have cut down on my sewing projects lately to nest a little and prepare for the baby, but I just HAD to do one more project after getting my camera. It was a quick and easy pattern from pinterest that I got done Friday night, leaving time to keep practicing with my new camera all weekend!

Saturday we had our "last" family outing to Rainbow Grill in Hudsonville for breakfast. It was a fun morning, the kids enjoyed eating breakfast out, and I LOVE breakfast food at restaurants! Just what we needed to start the New Years Eve day. We discovered that Makenna and Kaden are finally at a good age to act appropriately and do well in a restaurant, making it a more enjoyable experience for all of us...so about 2 years down the road hopefully we can feel the same way again as a family of 5! :)

The rest of Saturday we got things done around the house, played a few games, had pizza with Nana, Uncle Joe, Titi, and Bryson, and watched football. It was a low key New Years Eve night, and just Mitch and I rang in the New Year of '12 together at midnight! Probably a first for us...and today was a relaxing Sunday of going to church, a good Sunday meal, and catching up on rest. We ended the night with Kaden's idea to have a bubble bath in our master bathroom tub...a favorite event for the kids!

Another thing we did today was filled out our "Ringing in the New Year" questions...a tradition I started with Kaden last year. I have put together a New Years book where the kids answer questions about themselves on New Years Day, and over the years we can see how their answers change. Here are some of the questions & responses from both kids this year...

Makenna...
-My favorite thing to do is play with Barbie (Rapunzel) and dolls.
-If I could go anywhere in the world, I'd go to Caillou's house (a TV show she loves to watch). :)
-When I grow up I want to be a doll.
-My best friend is Brett (her cousin she loves playing with).
-One way I want to serve others this year is by helping Mommy pick up.
-Something I would like to do in 2012 is read books.

Kaden...
-I'm a little afraid of getting run over by a car. (after questioning this, he said in a parking lot...last year he was afraid of dinosaurs...interesting how more real life his answers were this year)
-My favorite thing to do is my new tool kit.
-If I could go anywhere in the world, I'd go to see dinosaurs.
-If I had 3 wishes, they would be: 1) be a prince (he's been watching the movie "Aladdin" lately), 2) have a new car, Miles Axelrod (CARS 2 car), and 3) have a pet chick (interesting...he doesn't like animals near him! :)).
-When I grow up I want to be a daddy or a Michigan player.
-My best friend is Addi (and Daddy, he added after looking at his daddy :)).
-God blessed me this year by my family.
-One way I want to serve others this year is give someone one of my cars.
-Something I would like to do in 2012 is meet my baby brother or sister! (love this one!)









Playing Angry Birds on the iPod Horse ride from Daddy Kenna up high on Daddy's feet Kisses for our playful, fun Daddy! Uncle Mitch reading to Bryce, Kenna & Kade on New Year's Eve Bubble fun in the big bath Love how quick my new camera captures their precious smiles!! :)

No comments: