Makenna has been using the potty since last September off and on. Kaden took about 8 months to potty train and was fully trained by EXACTLY 3 years of age...so we were hoping and praying that Makenna would be easier since everyone says "girls are easier to potty train". Well, we shall see...one thing I'm sure of with both- children will figure it out when they want to (less stress on me)...NO USE pushing them!
Anyways, Makenna is a pretty strong-willed child. She also strives for independence in everything. So, since September she would go on the potty when she wanted to. If I forced the issue, she wouldn't want to use the potty. She would show interest on and off the past several months and even did a few "stinkies" (our family calls them :)) at our house and Nana's too. Last week my mom was at our house on Wednesday and I decided to try some underwear with two close set of eyes on her all day, as she had been showing more interest as of late. She did great with underwear and surprised me all day staying dry. Since then, she has worn underwear throughout the day, a pull-up at naps (which has been consistently dry), and diapers overnight. She has some constipation issues that have caused problems for her since she was a baby, so we figured the stinkies might be troublesome to her.
About a month ago Makenna spotted princess dolls that she wanted at Target. I told her we could get one when she went potty and stinkies on the potty. Well...since last Wednesday we've been waiting for a stinkies on the potty. She has been withholding a little, but also is usually constipated. When she went, we were cleaning out underwear, which gets old (for Mom mostly)!!! Monday we went to Target and Makenna picked out Rapunzel the doll. I chose to buy the doll before the stinkies came as I thought it might help to see her prize at home, PLUS I had a 50% off coupon (just happened to be in the Sunday ads) along with a $2 off coupon for the doll...which made the $20 doll only $7.99...a STEAL for this dutch girl! :)
Last night was the night...she hadn't gone in a couple days and Rapunzel was getting lonely sitting on the top of our china cabinet in the box yet. Makenna was doing great going potty and wearing her underwear, and we were headed to her first movie. After plenty of theater snacks and drinks, we headed back to Papa & Nana Bareman's house to pick up Ainsley and started talking about doing stinkies on Papa's potty. Whatever works, right!?! Low and behold...SHE DID IT!!!!!
Makenna has been enjoying Rapunzel ever since, but no more stinkies on the potty yet either. Rapunzel may have to go back on the china cabinet again if we don't have another one soon! :) Here are some pictures of our proud little girl with Rapunzel...
(If you have a little girl who would like one of the princess dolls, I would NOT recommend Rapunzel...her long hair is awful and will probably always be in a braid at our house, if I can help it...:) Makenna wanted Snow White too...as an after thought I should've strongly encouraged Snow White over Rapunzel simply for the shorter hair!)
"Pretty Princess" (as Daddy calls Makenna) with her pretty princess doll, Rapunzel
RAPUNZEL!!(Makenna is thrilled that Rapunzel also has undies on under her dress, and she usually takes off her dress to see her undies...a BIG bonus for this potty trainee! :))
Daddy and the princesses




No comments:
Post a Comment