Seems like it's still summer today...and I can't believe it's almost October! October will be a busy month, as we have a lot of birthdays to celebrate, including our not so little pumpkin anymore turning 1!!! Mitch and I are also going away for a week in the middle of October and leaving both kids with both grandparents for a few days too, so that will make the month go fast! Here are some pictures I've neglected to put up over the month so far...
Cupboard Queen...she has figured out how to open most cupboards despite the childproof locks. This is one cupboard that I "allow" her to play in... :)
We had a playdate at the mall with my sister-in-laws, and ended the morning of shopping by stopping by the play area. Kaden loves the place, and this was Makenna's 1st time here.
Chasing each other around...this is how they play at home lately too..."tackle", crawl all over each other, chase each other, push each other down...Kaden is creating one tough, silly sister!
Had to get a picture of Makenna by the lady bug! :)
Cupboard Queen...she has figured out how to open most cupboards despite the childproof locks. This is one cupboard that I "allow" her to play in... :)
We had a playdate at the mall with my sister-in-laws, and ended the morning of shopping by stopping by the play area. Kaden loves the place, and this was Makenna's 1st time here.
Chasing each other around...this is how they play at home lately too..."tackle", crawl all over each other, chase each other, push each other down...Kaden is creating one tough, silly sister!
Had to get a picture of Makenna by the lady bug! :)Lately he enjoys the camera and will smile or make faces quite nicely for me, and then he says "Lemme see, lemme see, lemme see!" to see himself on the camera screen. :)
I was quite proud of Kaden on his picture here, as he colored "inside" the lines pretty well on the flag without any prompting from me at the time! He loves doing "projects" like this with me at home. He has also started Kindermusik this week, so I'll have to do a post about that soon and get a few pictures of him at class.
Kaden pulled up a chair to read the Sunday morning sports section with Daddy this past weekend...so Daddy took the opportunity to point out who was on the front page...the Wolverines! Kaden has started to ask to watch football, play football, and go to football games...so Daddy eats this up! :)
We made applesauce at our house with Nana yesterday...Kaden was a GREAT help washing the apples and handing them to Nana to be cut. Makenna also helped empty the bushel baskets and hand apples to Kaden. It was a successful day of freezing applesauce!
Makenna's 1st pig tails...she is in need of a haircut for her bangs and her tail growing in the back, but I just can't bear to cut her hair yet. She has a circular colic in the front of her hair that is never going to allow her to have bangs that lay nice, so I'm not sure I want to cut them yet, and the back of her head has the thickest hair (like mine :)) so I'm not ready to cut any of that off yet either...we'll see how it continues to grow...
I was quite proud of Kaden on his picture here, as he colored "inside" the lines pretty well on the flag without any prompting from me at the time! He loves doing "projects" like this with me at home. He has also started Kindermusik this week, so I'll have to do a post about that soon and get a few pictures of him at class.
Kaden pulled up a chair to read the Sunday morning sports section with Daddy this past weekend...so Daddy took the opportunity to point out who was on the front page...the Wolverines! Kaden has started to ask to watch football, play football, and go to football games...so Daddy eats this up! :)
We made applesauce at our house with Nana yesterday...Kaden was a GREAT help washing the apples and handing them to Nana to be cut. Makenna also helped empty the bushel baskets and hand apples to Kaden. It was a successful day of freezing applesauce!
Makenna's 1st pig tails...she is in need of a haircut for her bangs and her tail growing in the back, but I just can't bear to cut her hair yet. She has a circular colic in the front of her hair that is never going to allow her to have bangs that lay nice, so I'm not sure I want to cut them yet, and the back of her head has the thickest hair (like mine :)) so I'm not ready to cut any of that off yet either...we'll see how it continues to grow...Oh, and yes, she knows what the comb is used for...after baths she tries to comb her hair like Mommy does...such a girl!
My latest craft...making a tutu for Makenna. I love how it turned out, and it was so easy & cheap to make! I love doing crafty projects for my girl...if only there were more things to make for boys too!
My latest craft...making a tutu for Makenna. I love how it turned out, and it was so easy & cheap to make! I love doing crafty projects for my girl...if only there were more things to make for boys too!




No comments:
Post a Comment