Here are a few dresses that I made this weekend with A LOT of my mom's help! :) Mitch was golfing for the weekend with friends up in Boyne, so the kids and I went to Kalamazoo to stay overnight for the weekend. We were able to catch the "Doo Dah" Parade in the morning, and then my mom and I went to town on sewing.
These dresses are called "knot dresses" and I have seen these dresses on facebook as well as the Matilda Jane clothes that are very similar. I thought they were so cute, so I showed my mom all the pictures of these dresses, and then she made up the pattern for the dress on her own. She made a trial red & white dress that happened to fit Skylar well, and then she decided to make a matching one for Layla, and then we got more red & white fabric to make dresses for Makenna & Ellee. AND, all the girls will wear them together on vacation in a couple of weeks! I also picked out some special fabric for a summer dress for Makenna, and we made that dress this weekend too. (I will be attempting a bloomers pattern on my own to go with the dress soon...stay tuned to how that goes! :))
The great thing about these dresses is that they will grow with the girls, and they all should be able to wear them for the next year or more with or without leggings, shirts underneath, tights, whatever!







No comments:
Post a Comment