We had a nice Easter...cinnamon rolls for breakfast, a nice Easter service at church celebrating our risen Savior, an egg hunt at home, and then dinner at Papa & Nana Bareman's house. We also celebrated Papa & Nana's April birthdays and had an egg hunt there too. Kaden was asked to help Nana hide the eggs at her house Saturday, so he felt pretty special with all his cousins doing the egg hunt. Makenna loved the egg hunts too...mainly opening the eggs and seeing what treasures were inside!
Kaden and I also made some Easter cookies Saturday night and I told him the Easter story before bed and then finished the story Sunday morning before church with our hallowed Easter cookies. That might become a tradition, but if it does...I need to figure out how to perfect those cookies! 15 minutes of beating is not my idea of fun cookie making...especially when they don't turn out perfectly the next morning! ;)
Daddy helping with the egg hunt at home...keeping it fair :)
Makenna checking out her bag full of eggs
"Look at what I found in the tent, Mommy!"
Kitchen surprises
Easter baskets...reminds me of when I was little...we always had pictures with our Easter baskets! :)
Family picture...Kaden was told to put his cheek next to Mommy's...so he thought he needed his hand to help keep them together! :)
9 Bareman grandchildren!
Kaden with his eggs at Papa & Nana's
Daddy helping with the egg hunt at home...keeping it fair :)
Makenna checking out her bag full of eggs
"Look at what I found in the tent, Mommy!"
Kitchen surprises
Easter baskets...reminds me of when I was little...we always had pictures with our Easter baskets! :)
Family picture...Kaden was told to put his cheek next to Mommy's...so he thought he needed his hand to help keep them together! :)
9 Bareman grandchildren!
Kaden with his eggs at Papa & Nana'sI think the most memorable part of the weekend was watching Kaden during our Good Friday service at church. We had several pictures during the sermon of Jesus on the cross, and Kaden was tuned into the pictures and Pastor Brian's story sitting on his nana's lap the whole time! It is such a joy to watch your children learn about Jesus and grow to love Him!





No comments:
Post a Comment