Sunday, July 26, 2009

Latest Hobby: SEWING

Two bassinet mattress sheets
Curtain for Kaden's big boy room
8 burp cloths
3 hooded towels with ribbon edging
Nursing cover-up
Boppy pillow slipcover
Girl blanket with ribbon tags
Shoulder bag with pocket for Kaden
I have started a new hobby- sewing! My mom has sewed for years, and used to make us things when we were growing up. In recent years, she has stayed busy sewing by making us curtains, pillows, and other items for our homes. As I've watched many friends blog about learning to sew, and seeing all the stylish things that can be made with a sewing machine using easy online patterns (free!), I decided it was time to relearn how to sew with my mom and make a few things before this next baby arrives! :) I'm still looking for a nice, used sewing machine (please keep your eyes out for me!), so in the meantime we either travel to Nana's house for the day to sew or she brings her sewing machine to our house for a day. We've accomplished several projects already, the hardest probably being the bag for Kaden. I love picking out patterns in the fabric stores, and I also love saving money by sewing these items rather than buying them in stores! Have I become a MOM, or what!? :) Next items on the sewing list: 1) changing table cover, 2) baby bibs, 3) Michigan pillowcase for Kaden's room, 4) more burp cloths with leftover fabric, and 5) more hooded towels. Now...I only need my own machine to keep sewing!

2 comments:

The Potvins said...

So cute Em! You do know that by posting this you may get some of us wanting you to sew things for us??? :-)

Mandy said...

Those look great! I bought my used sewing machine this past Spring and I love it. I bought it from Smith-Owen (a sewing machine store on Plainfield). You might want to check them out.