Friday, October 29, 2010

Ethiopia Trip

Just wanted to share with all of you who read my blog about the great opportunity that my in-laws are blessing me with this coming month in November...

I am going to Ethiopia with Mitch's mom, Jane, for 9 days over Thanksgiving! Jane, another Adoption Associates worker, and myself are heading to Ethiopia for a visit. We will have the opportunity to be in a few orphanages, do some sightseeing, and learn about the culture of Ethiopia while we are there. I cannot wait to shower some love on the babies and children at the orphanages we go to and see a third world country! All 3 of Mitch's sisters have had the chance to go on a trip with Jane, and this was good timing for me...no little baby at home or pregnancy to worry about. However, I know it will be tough on me to leave my family for that long. I'm very thankful for our families who have already offered to pitch in and have the kids at their house or come to our house to care for them when Mitch is at work. Mitch will have his hands full too, though, as he'll have them for the entire Thanksgiving weekend mostly on his own! :) I keep joking with him that he will have to take pictures of Makenna each morning so I can see what she is dressed like...and also teach him a little about making dinner, cleaning the house, and doing the laundry!

This trip will stretch me in giving up control over my children for so long, exploring a third world country, and relying on God's protection throughout the trip. Please join me in praying for this trip. Pray for the safety of us 3 ladies traveling and while in Ethiopia, health every day, amazing opportunities while we are there, and for us to be a blessing to those we come into contact with, young or old, and for them to also be a blessing to us. In the next few weeks I'll be soaking in all the time I can with my kids (and Mitch) before I have to say goodbye again (Marco Island was a good "practice" somewhat), and I'm sure I'll be posting a ton of pictures for all of you to see when I return!

Thanks for your prayers as I anticipate this wonderful opportunity to go to Ethiopia!

No comments: