I was hoping to put a slideshow together on my trip to Ethiopia, but with so much to do with Kaden's birthday coming up, Christmas around the corner, and enjoying my family after being gone...I've decided to just direct you to my pictures that I put up on facebook! (click on the word "facebook")
I know many of you would love to see pictures of the beautiful children at the orphanages, but I can't post those on the internet. I'm making a Shutterfly photo book of all of my pictures, so maybe you'll be able to see that sometime! :) The best part of the trip for me was visiting the orphanages and connecting with the children there. I was also able to meet our AAI sponsorship "son", Eyasu, and give him some gifts from us and meet his father! That was also a highlight. Some other highlights were seeing an Ethiopian show, traveling to Awassa, going on a boat to see hippos, adventures north of the capital, and experiencing adoption alongside two families adopting through AAI (one family there for their court case that I was able to sit in on, and another family there picking up their daughter & son to take them home!). (click on "AAI" to see their website)
God blessed me with safe travels there and back, a wonderful experience, a stretch in faith and encouragement to grow, and keeping my family safe & happy at home! I was greeted at the airport by Kaden with a HUGE, long, running hug to see me...it was precious! It's good to be home as we prepare to celebrate Kaden's 3rd birthday and Jesus' birth in the month ahead.
Valentines Day Card
13 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment